Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stamp of the Day: UFOs

I don't know if there are any aliens out there, but of course there are Unidentifiable Flying Objects, which really can be anything you can't identify, right? But until I have seen an alien, I won't believe in them. But I do believe there are some stamps that depict various UFOs, because these stamps have been seen, right here on this blog. (Lively dinner and lunch discussions here at home lately, with a variety of opinions... :) The stamps are supposed to show different UFOs seen over America, especially in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. I have no idea why Tanzania would print these stamps, maybe so they could corner a new market in philately? The science fiction-stamp collector cross-over? My favorite design is the bottom middle one.

4 comments:

PP said...

I like the top right, it looks like a teacup missing a handle!

LS said...

The one to the bottom left looks like our salad spinner!

PP said...

as usual LS means bottom RIGHT

LS said...

Haha,

yes, bottom RIGHT!