Saturday, December 19, 2009

R.I.P. Saab

Too bad and very sad, but personally I have mourned SAAB since GM took over in 1995 or so. I still remember when they revealed the 'new 900' in Sweden and people didn't like it at all. It wasn't a SAAB anymore, and since then SAAB has skidded downhill and now it is in the ditch at the bottom of the hill. The real SAAB has been gone for a long time, now it is just the Americanized SAAB that has to go.

I still would love to have a real SAAB at some point in my life, like a 96. At least the truck brand Scania lives on (nice history here), and you can watch SAABs in movies (Sideways, for example).

Here is the official comment from SAAB itself:
"Sad. We believed in this. No more comments from Saab for now. We have to wait for directions from GM."

This comments reminds me of the death of Gourmet. Diversity, species, and good things are disappearing... (Thanks to AREA for helping with the sad saab logo.)

No comments: