Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Congratulations, world.

Today is the 100th International Women's Day.  I have mixed feelings about this day, which I have celebrated over the years.  Why do we need one day to focus on half of humanity? It is the same thing as Black History month.... why not focus on black history and women whenever it is relevant, i.e. at least half the time?

Anyway, congratulations all women of the world.  Without you there would be no more humans.  Neither would there be humans without men, so we should all be equal. Lets row together...

Woman in a rowing boat


Woman in a rowing boat, about 1890
Collection of National Media Museum/Kodak Museum

3 comments:

EH said...

Congratulations to you too, LS, as being a role model to other women. We have a heritage of strong independent women in our ancestry. And you are doing well too! Keep it up, my dear!

LS said...

Tack, sostra mi.

Sarah said...

I know what you mean about mixed feelings. Recently I saw Hillary Clinton on the front page of a magazine, and I was excited, but when I realized it was for this month I was a little bit disappointed. Women are only newsworthy 1/12th of the year?