Sunday, February 12, 2012

Really, really annoying spam commenters

So, you add bothersome things to your website so you are sure real people comment on our blog posts, and all of you that want to comment have to try to decipher strange letters and numbers to make a simple nice little comment.  You hope that it at least will keep out the spam-bots that are just out there to put in hidden links for companies to get them a better Google rating. But oh no, in the last week, the spamming has started again.  And, this time it is real people doing it.  They are faking nice comments and at the end of the comment they include a url to a link for a commercial company (or even worse, it could be a website with a virus on it).

I really, really don't like this kind of spam terror.  I don't care if there are poor people in some third-world country that get their living from this - it is plain time terrorism, and should be banned.  If I see any comment like that, it is gone immediately from here.  The text is often written in a way to make you think it is a real and positive comment, like this one, but when you start reading you realize that this is not what it is meant to be (I deleted the link to the commercial url):

"I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this website. I am hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own website now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it."

(I wonder if this was written up with Google Translator... and if so, from which language...)

Dear spammers, please just STOP.  Shame on you for doing this.  First it was telemarketers, now it is blogmarketers that are trying to sneak in and disturb our personal peace.  Go away!

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Not only do they annoy, they have no idea to whom they attempt to market. I have a web site devoted to my high school class of more than 50 years ago. I get poorly written spam that urges me to 'attract more traffic to my site' -- with their help of course. Everybody that I know who is still alive and has a computer is aware of it. There is no content of interest to anyone else.

LS said...

Exactly NellJean! Thanks for making a REAL comment here! I wish people thought more.