Sunday, April 15, 2012

Old stamps

When I recently was back in Sweden, I picked up my old stamp collection, which also includes stamps collected by my grandfathers and my uncle.  For decades these have been laying in a box, unseen, and now they are back in the light, here in NJ.  Here is just a little preview of some Swedish stamps that were laying loose in one of many envelopes. 


And a closeup, a stamp of J O Wallin - no idea who that was, I have to find out, but it looks like he had something to do with psalms in the church.



Included in the collection are many stamps from the 30s and 40s, such as German stamps with Hitler.  They are not worth much, apparently Hitler swamped the country with images of himself.  But among the thousands of stamps from all over the world that now are in my possession again, I am sure there will be some interesting ones to feature here on the blog.

No comments: